*Have you ever thought Which tree gives more oxygen? or Which tree gives most oxygen? or Which tree produce most oxygen? or Which tree gives more oxygen in India? or which tree gives maximum oxygen?In this article you will get all the answers and you will get to know about tree that gives more oxygen, highest oxygen producing tree, most oxygen giving tree and best tree for oxygen.
Directly or indirectly we all depend on trees to sustain our life. Had there been no trees, human life would have been extinct by now. We all love our parents and are very thankful to them because they have given us a new life. But how many of us have ever thanked trees, or embraced them for keeping us alive?
Trees are vital. Since the beginning, trees have furnished us with two of life’s essentials, food and oxygen.Trees contribute to our environment by providing oxygen, and absorbing CO2, thus improving air quality.
There are more than 60,000 species of trees in the world. Each tree release different quantity of oxygen. If the same oxygen offered in hospitals it would costs in thousands. So be thankful to little things and try to plant more and more trees. Oxygen release by a tree is proportional to overall leaf mass,annual wood production per acre by the tree and energy value of thee wood.It is proposed that one large tree can provide a day’s supply of oxygen for up to four people. So here we are providing you a list of trees which gives more oxygen than others.Try to plant any one of the below trees and contribute to the mother nature. Here we will rank the trees on the basis of oxygen release by the tree in a life cycle.
- Botanical Name-Dendrocalamus calostachyus , Bambusoideae
- Common names-Bhaluka In Assam, Balku Bans In West Bengal, Wamnah In Meghalaya, Jama Betwa, Narangi Bans And Bari In Arunachal Pradesh, Unep In Manipur, Pao In Sikkim, Phulrua In Mizoram and Kanak Kai In Tripura.
- Lifespan-Bamboos are known to live for as long as 120 years.
- Height-65 to 90 feet
- Leaves- 22-30 cm long and 3-6.5 cm broad, lanceolate, acuminate, pubescent beneath, base rounded, petiole short.
- Native-It is thought to have originated in China, where the first use of bamboo to make every day items was recorded.
Some interesting facts about Bamboo
- Beema Bamboo can produce 62 tonnes of oxygen per acre per year and absorbs 88 tonnes of carbon dioxide per acre per year.
- Although bamboo is a grass, many of the larger woody bamboo species are very tree-like in appearance and are often called “bamboo trees”. (This is the reason why we put Bamboo among other trees).
- A grove of bamboo release 35% more oxygen than an equivalent stand of trees.
- Certain species of bamboo can grow 1 inch every 40minutes hence producing more oxygen.
- Bamboo has more tenstile strength than steel.
- Bamboo is a staple food for elephants.
- When bamboo is heated, the air in the sealed hollow internode chambers will expand and cause an explosive bam-boom sound. That’s why its name is Bamboo.
- The only plant to survive the radiation of the atomic bombings in Hiroshima, Japan in 1945 is Bamboo. This shows how extreme conditions Bamboo can tolerate.
- Botanical Name-Ficus religiosa
- Common names-Ahant(Assam), Aswatha,Asud,Aswat(Bengali), Piplo,Pipul,Jari(Gujrat,Oriya) Pipal,Pipar,Pipari(Hindi),Arali(Kannada),Bad(Kashmiri),Arasu(Malyalam),Pimpal(Marathi), Ravichettu(Telgu), Kanavam(Tamil),Bodhivriksha(Sanskrit)
- Lifespan-Average lifespan of 800-1500 years. Some of the trees are reportedly found living for over 3000years.
- Height-It can reach an average height of 100 feet, with the trunk being thick and 10 feet in diameter.
- Leaves- Cordate in shape with a distinctive extended drip tip; they are 10–17 centimetres (3.9–6.7 in) long and 8–12 centimetres (3.1–4.7 in) broad.
- Native-Indian subcontinent and Indo-china
Some interesting facts about Peepal tree
- Peepal tree provides 24hrs oxygen(yes! even in nights) tirelessly during its long lifespan.
- It plays a vital role in protecting the ozone layer. It absorbs harmful gases like carbon monoxide, sulphur dioxide etc. Its leaves are highly sensitive to air pollution
- The tree doesn’t let a blade of grass grow under it.
- The ‘Shri Maha Bodhi’ tree in Bihar has a recorded planting date of 288 B.C. It is believed Gautama Buddha sat under this tree to achieve enlightment.
- This tree can cure as many as 50 disorders, including diarrhoea, epilepsy and gastric troubles.
- Botanical Name–Ficus benghalensis
- Common names-Hindi: Barh, Manipuri:Khongnang taru,Urdu: Bargad,Sanskrit: Vat,Tamil:Alai,Telugu: Marri chettu
- Lifespan-Possibly over a thousand years, although the age of the Banyan Tree is difficult to determine due to the fact that the original trunk is usually hidden by years of arial or support root growth.
- Height-up to 100 feet (30.5 meters)
- Leaves- Leaves are elliptic-ovate, 10-30 cm long and 7-20 cm wide.
- Native-The tree is native to tropical Asia, from India through Myanmar, Thailand, southern China, and Malaysia.
Some Interesting facts about Banyan tree
- Thimmamma Marrimanu a Banyan tree , in Andhra Pradesh, India, is thought to have the broadest canopy of any tree in the world. It can shelter 20,000 people.
- Banyans are the world’s biggest trees in terms of the area they cover.
- The name ‘Banyan’ is derived from ‘Baniyas’, who used to rest under the trees to discuss their strategies regarding business.
- Married Hindu women worship the Banyan tree to lead a long and happy married life.
- Banyan Tree has many medical values as well. It is helpful in treatment of chronic diarrhea,dysentery, female sterility and many more.
- In Hinduism, the leaf of the banyan tree is said to be the resting place for the god Krishna.
*In this tree you will get to know about Which tree gives more oxygen? or Which tree gives most oxygen? or Which tree produce most oxygen? or Which tree gives more oxygen in India? or which tree gives maximum oxygen?, tree that gives more oxygen, highest oxygen producing tree, most oxygen giving tree and best tree for oxygen.
- Botanical Name-Azadirachta indica
- Common names- Hindi: Neem, Marathi: Nimbay, Tamil: Veppai, Malayalam: Ariyaveppu ,Telugu:Vepa, Kannada: Turakabevu,Gujarati:Dhanujhada, Sanskrit: Pakvakrita, Nimbaka
- Height-It can grow up to 30 m tall and 2.5 m in girth.
- Leaves-Leaves are 20 to 40 cm long, with 20 to 30 medium to dark green leaflets about 3 to 8 cm long. The leaf petioles are short.Leaf margins are toothed.
- Native-Neem is thought to have originated in Assam(India) and Burma.However, the exact origin is uncertain.
Some interesting facts about Neem tree
- Neem is a dedicated air- purifier and releases large amount of pure oxygen replacing toxic carbon gases.
- Neem tree is very efficient in absorbing harmful gases and dust particles.It also acts as a shield against other harmful pollutants like sulphur dioxide.
- Neem has relatively high efficiency of CO2 fixation. It can fix more than 14 micro mole of CO2 per m2 per Sec.
- Neem has remarkable ability to withstand air and water pollution, as well as heat.
- Neem is really helpful in healing wounds, dandruff, eye trouble, ear ailments, skin disorders etc.
- Botanical Name-Aegle marmelos
- Common names-Hindi: Bel, Manipuri:Heirikhagok, Marathi:Maredu,Tamil: Vilvam, Malayalam: Vilvam , Telugu: Sandiliyamu, Kannada: Bilvapatre, Bengali:Bel, Konkani: Bello, Gujarati:Bili& Bilipatr, Sanskrit: Adhararuha&Sivadrumah &Tripatra, Mizo: Bel-thei and other common names are Bengal quince, Stone apple, Wood apple,Sriphal and holy fruit.
- Height-It can grow up to 40-50 feet tall
- Leaves-The leaf is trifoliate, alternate, each leaflet 5-14 x 2–6 cm, ovate with tapering or pointed tip and rounded base
- Native-Indian subcontinent and Southeast Asia.
Some interesting facts about Indina Bael
- The Bael plant acts as a ‘Sink’ for chemical pollutants as it absorbs poisonous gases from the atmosphere and make them inert or neutral.
- It is a member of the plant species group known as ‘Climate Purifiers’, which emit greater percentage of oxygen in sunlight as compared to other trees.
- The tree is also considered under the category of ‘Fragrant’ species, whose flowers and volatile vapors neutralize the bad smell.
- It is a sacred tree, dedicated to Shiva.The offering of bael leaves is a compulsory ritual of the worship of Lord Shiva in the hills. Trifoliate leaf of this tree is symbolic of Trikal (Brahma, Vishnu and Mahesh)
- It contains a number of phytoconstituents which reveals its uses for various therapeutic purposes.
Read also- Top 10 funny cures of Corona Virus
*Hope you like reading about Which tree gives more oxygen? or Which tree gives most oxygen? or Which tree produce most oxygen? or Which tree gives more oxygen in India? or which tree gives maximum oxygen?, tree that gives more oxygen, highest oxygen producing tree, most oxygen giving tree and best tree for oxygen.
Read also-Top 10 regiments of Indian Army