Top 10 Hindi Newspaper In India
*In this article you will get to know about Top 10 Hindi Newspapaer in India and Best Hindi newspaper in India. Among many newspaper in this country it is hard to decide which are Top hindi newspaper of India, top hindi newspapaer in india, hindi newspaper list and which are best hindi newspaper in Delhi.
Talking about 40 years ago ,most people didn’t have TV or radio or any social media . Newspapers was the only way to get national and international news. Even today, if you look at your grandfather or some other elder, they resort to the newspaper to know what is going on in this world. But have you ever thought about which newspapers are most liked by Indians. Which newspaper do Indians trust the most? To get answer of all this questions read this full article.
Here we are presenting the list of Top 10 most read Hindi newspaper in India. Ranking will be based on average number of daily readers in 2019. These figures are taken form Indian Readership Survey 2019
- Daily Readers-20259000(>2 CRORE)
- Founded in-1952
- Founded by-Shri Puran Chandra Gupta
- Number od editions-37
- Active in 12 states(U.P, Chattisgarh, Rajasthan,Haryana,Punjab, Bihar, Jharkhand, Jammu & Kashmir, Uttarakhand, M.P, Himachal Pradesh and Delhi)
- World Association of Newspapers (WAN) declared Dainik Jagran as the largest read daily in the world.
- Dainik Jagran is the most read and most circulated newspaer in Uttar Pradesh.
- There are 38 different printing facilities of this newspaer across India.
- In BBC Reuters survey it is voted as the Most credible source of news.
- The Cost of Advertising in Dainik Jagran starts from Rs. 350 and goes as high as Rs. 65 Lakhs.
- Daily Readers-15395000(>1.5 Crore)
- Founded In-1948
- Number Of Editions-65(Hindi, Marathi & Gujrati)
- Dainik Bhaskar is circulated in 12 states of India.
- There are 52 print location of Dainik Bhaskar across north and central India.
- This is the number one newspaper in Haryana, Rajasthan and Madhyapradesh by readership.
- The Cost of Advertising in Dainik Bhaskar starts from Rs. 210 and goes as high as Rs. 60 Lakhs.
- It is world’s third largest circulated newspaper as per WAN IFRA – World Association of News Publishers Report .
- Dainik Bhaskar group is a strong player of radio bussiness also. 94.3 MY FM, the radio brand of the group is the largest radio network in India
3. Hindustan Dainik
- Daily Readers-14746000(>1.4Crore)
- Founded in-1936
- Founder-Madan Mohan Malviya
- Number of editions-21
- It is circulated in 6 states of India.
- Hindustan is the number one newspaper in Bihar and Uttarakhand by readership.
- It commands a massive 73% share of the Hindi readership market of Bihar.
- It is number 2 newspaper of Jharkhand by readership.
- It is the fourth largest circulated newspaper of India.
- Daily Readers-10183000(>1Crore)
- Founded in-1948
- Head Office-Noida
- Founder-Dorilal Aggarwal
- Number of editions-21
- It is circulated in 6 states and two union territories covering 179 Districts.
- This newspaper print in 17 different locations of India.
- It is the number one newspaper of West UP by readership.
- It is number two newspaper of UP and Uttarakhand by readership.
- Amar Ujala and Dainik Jagran share more than 70 percent of the Hindi newspaper readership in the state of UP.
- This newspaper also publish many magazines and other supplements which focus on matters such as career, woman empowerment and lifestyle.
- WAN-IFRA awarded Amar Ujala for its Design and Technological evolution.
5. Rajasthan Patrika
- Daily Readers-7543000(>75Lakh)
- Founded In-1956
- Founder-Karpoor Chandra Kulish
- Number of Editions-37
- It is circulated in 7 states of India.
- It is the number two newspaper of Rajasthan by readership.
- There are 17 print locations of Rajasthan Patrika.
- This newspaper also hold the record of launching first news website on IDN domain.
- There is an interesting fact about this newspaper. Karpoor Chandra Kulish started this newspaper with 500rs only. And he borrowed that 500rs from one of his friend. Newspaper that was started with 500rs generated a revenue of 886cr in 2019.
- According to New York Times this newspaper is considered credible sorce of information. And many international reporters trust this newspaper for its authenticity.
- According to BBC-Reuters survey it is one of the top three reliable newapaper.
- It is also one of the five community newapaper in the country(Source:AMIC UNESCO)
- Rajasthan Patrika is the only Hindi daily to effectively cover the southern parts of India.
- Daily Readers-7323000(>73Lakh)
- Founded In-1965
- Founder-Lala Jagat Narain
- This newspaper print from 12 different loacations.
- It is number one newspaper of Punjab and number three newspaper of Haryana by readership.
- You will be surprised to know that there are two different companies by the same name(Punjab Kesari). One is Punjab Kesari Delhi and one is Punjab Kesari Jalandhar. They both coexist but they can do business in their own respective areas.
- In 1991 when former prime minister Rajiv Gandhi was assassinated, it was the only newspaper in North India to carry a Photograph of this tragedy. After this incident Punjab Kesari popularity increased more than ever.
- Punjab Kesari is famous for its brave journalism during the days of terrorism in Punjab in 1981.
- Punjab Kesari is the first Hindi newspaper to go all color.
- It is the first newspaper in India to introduce Web Offset in 1971(Web offset is a form of offset printing in which a continuous roll of paper is fed through the printing press).
- Khushwant Singh, Shanta Kumar, Maneka Gandhi and Feroj Gandhi are some of the Prominent Columnits of Punjab Kesari.
*We hope till now you have found out which are Top 10 Hindi Newspapaer in India and Best Hindi newspaper in India. Among many newspaper in this country it is hard to decide which are Top hindi newspaper of India, top hindi newspapaer in india, hindi newspaper list and which are best hindi newspaper in Delhi.
- Daily Readers-3439000(>34 Lakh)
- Founded In-1984
- Founder-Gyan Prakash
- There are 10 print locations of Prabhat Khabar
- This newspaper is primarily active in states of Jharkhand, West Bengal and Bihar.
- It is number one newspapaper of Jharkhand by readership.
- This newspaper is famous for covering the fodder scam despite receiving many threats from polictical goons.
- Prabaht Khabar publication house also own Radio Dhoom. Which is one of the most popular radio channel of Jharkhand.
- Daily Readeship-3038000(>30 Lakh)
- Founded In-1956
- Founder-Karpoor Chandra Kulish
- It is a sister newspaper of Rajasthan Patrika.
- Forbes describes Patrika newspaper as ‘Keeping readers above advertisers’.
- Circulation of Patrika Group newspapapers are in 9 states.
- Patrika Group’s radio venture FM Tadka is currently the 7th largest radio network in India with 18 stations across 6 states.
- Daily Readers-2330000(>23 Lakh)
- Founded in -1946
- This newspaper is a part of Bennett Coleman, & Co. Ltd (BCCL), which also owns Times Of India.
- It is one of the oldest product of BCCL group. BCCL group is also popular for publishing famous magazines likes Filmfare & Femina.
- Navbharat Times (NBT) is popular among the urban population. It is one of the largest circulated as well as largest read Hindi newspapers of Delhi, Mumbai and Lucknow.
- Feroz Gandhi is one of the notable columnist of Navbharat Times.
10. Nayi Duniya
- Daily Readers-1700000(>17 Lakhs)
- Founded In-1947
- Founder-Krishnachandra Mudkal and Krishnakant Vyas
- It is printed in 8 different locations in India.
- A quick calculation reveals that Nai Duniya is circulated across 11 states of India.
- As of 2019 it is was the 19th most read newspaper in the world.
- It is number three newspaper in Madhyapradesh by readership.
- Nai Duniya was the first hindi newspaper to introduce “Letter to Editor” Column.
- Nai Duniya is known for its unbiased reporting on current affairs happening all around in the country.
- It is one of the few newspapers in India to receive INS(Indian Newspaper Society) accredition
*We hop you liked this article about Top 10 Hindi Newspapaer in India and Best Hindi newspaper in India. And if you really liked this article about Top hindi newspaper of India, top hindi newspapaer in india, hindi newspaper list and which are best hindi newspaper in Delhi. Than please let us know in the comment section.
Read Also: Top 10 richest actress in India