Top 10 Richest Caste/Community In India
*In this article you will get to know about the Top 10 Richest Caste In India, Top 10 Richest Community In India, Wealthiest Community In India, Richest Religion In India. Along with that it is also about Richest Community Of India, Richest Caste of India
There are so many communities and caste in India, but still we all live happily and peacefully in India. That’s the beauty of our country India. Yes I know there are some instances of communal tension but we all know how to fight the communal forces that are against the unity and integrity of our country. Here all communities live and work together and contribute to the economy of India. And if i talk about which caste is richer or which community is wealthier then let me tell you richness of a caste doesn’t depend on forbes list. So it’s not possible to tell exactly which caste or community is rich or poor. Prosperity of a particular community can only be decided if we take average per capita income in account. So here we are ranking the Top 10 Rich Communities In India as per average per capita income.
During the Muslim conquest of Persia, many Persians migrated to India to save their lives and Zoroastrian faith . As they were from Persia , people here in India start calling them Parsis. They are exceptionally persevering and intelligent individuals. They worked very hard and established themselves as the richest community of India in terms of per capita income. Out of 135 Crore Indians, there are only 60,000 Parsis but still 3 out of top 10 richest Indians are Parsis. They believe in wealth creation as well as in charity.
In Parsi community if you are earning less than 100000/month , than you will be called a poor. Before Parsis, Mumbai was known as the location of fisherman’s, but with their hard-work they made it financial capital of India. They pioneered trade and many industries, which evolved the Indian economy. They are the most Active businessman’s from last 600 years in India. Today India is the fifth largest economy in the world, Parsis played an outsized role in it.
Common Parsi Surname- Daruwalla, Tata, Mistry, Wadia, Bhabha, Irani, Manekshaw, Batliwala, Ganjawala etc
Some Famous Parsi Personalties-
- Jamsetji Tata-Father of Indian industry
- Ratan Tata– Chairman of TATA Group
- Field Marshal Sam Manekshaw- Ex-Chief of the Army Staff
- Homi Jehangir Bhabha- Father of Indian nuclear programme
- SH Kapadia- Thirty-Eighth Chief Justice of India
- Ardeshir Godrej: Founder of Godrej Group
- Freddie Mercury – Lead vocalist of the rock band Queen
- Boman Irani-TV actor
Jains, form only 0.4 % of India’s population, but they dominate the Indian industries and media houses. Being one of the wealthy and most educated community of India, it maintains its impact on politics and business of India. According to the National Health Survey 70.6% of Jain people are very rich. Only 1.5 % Jain population in India is below the poverty line. Jains have the second highest per capita income in India. If you ask any jain about money, most of them will say that money is very important for life. Jain people are most of the time busy earning money. And they don’t only earn money but also spend it on themselves and community. They respect their money and that’s why they carefully save and invest it properly.
*The Jains have the highest literacy rate in India i.e 94.1.%
Some common Jain Surnames-Bhansali, Mehta, Oswal , Doshi , Sarak , Zaveri, Rupani, Gada etc
Some famous Jain Personalities-
- Narendra Patni -Founder of Patni Computers
- Vineet Jain- Managing director of Bennett, Coleman & Co. Ltd
- Gautam Adani – Chairman of Adani Group
- Mangal Prabhat Lodha – Owner of Lodha Group
- Rasiklal Manikchand Dhariwal – Owner of Manikchand Group
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali-Firm Director
- Shailesh Ranka – Chairman of Ranka Jewellers Pvt Ltd
The Sikh community has played a tremendous role in the economic, social, and military success of India. Sikhs are very hardworking and loyal to their values. They apply themselves to the task, whether it be a business or a job. It is considered to be the third richest community in India, if per capita income is to be considered. 59.6% of the the Sikhs comes in the rich category as per National Health survey of India. Sikh community is concentrated in the Punjab state of India. Land of Punjab is sandwiched between three rivers making it very fertile. High Fertile land with good agricultural output is the one reason why Sikh community is very wealthy. Around 80 Lakh Sikhs live outside India, mostly in Canada. These NRI’s also contribute to the Sikh community’s wealth.
Some common Sikh surnames- Maan ,Sidhu, Gill, Grewal, Sandhu, Walia, Ahluwalia, Randhawa, Dhillon , Bajwa, Aujla, Bhullar etc
Some famous Sikh personalities-
- Malvinder Mohan Singh-Ranbaxy/Fortis Group
- Analjit Singh-founder/chairman, Max India Limited
- Kuldip Singh Dhingra – Owner of Berger Paints India
- Ajay Banga-President/COO, MasterCard
- Dara Singh-Wrestler/Actor
- Nikki Haley-U.S. ambassador to the U.N
- Manmohan Singh-Ex PM of India
- Arjan Singh-Former Chief, Indian Air Force.
- Khushwant Singh -Journalist
According to Brahmanical religious texts, Kayasth is a distinct caste with responsibility for writing secular documents and keeping records. Since Medieval India Kayasthas were involved in high government workplaces, serving as ministers and advisors of the Indian Kings. During the British Raj , Kayasthas use to hold important administrative positions.
In modern times also , most of the Kayasth are at good position and some attained success in the arts and various professional fields. According to national health survey 57 % Kayasthas comes under Rich class.
Some common Kayasth surname-Mathur, Gaur, Saxena, Nigam, Karna, Surdhawaja, Kulshreshtha, Asthana, Ambastha, Bhatnagar, Sinha , Srivastava etc.
Some Famous Kayasth Personalities
- Raja Todar Mal- Emperor Akbar’s finance minister
- Subhash Chandra Bose-Indian freedom fighter
- Swami Vivekananda-Indian Hindu Monk
- Jayaprakash Narayan-Politician
- Dr. Rajendra Prasad- First president of India
- Bhagwati Charan Verma-Writer
- Lal Bahadur Shastri- Second PM od India
- Harivansh Rai Bachchan-Writer
- Munshi Prem Chand-Writer
- Shatrughan Sinha-Actor
- Mahadevi Verma-Poet
- Amitabh Bacchan-Actor
If vedic texts are to be considered , Brahimns are the highest of the four Hindu Caste, made up of priests and scholars. Brahmins have been counselors to Maharajas, Mughals and military rulers. In British Raj , many Brahmins served as administrators, a position they kept after Indian independence. In 1947, all the industries owned by Britishers were taken over by the Brahmins.
But in modern times most of the Brahmins are in white-collar jobs, government service, business, household industry and astrology. In 1989, a survey revealed that Brahmins comprised 70 percent of the Class I officers in governmental services. According to National Health Survey, 50.3% Brahmins comes under Rich class, 13% comes in Poor class and rest of them are in middle class. There is one interesting facts about Brahmins that the Brahmin can follow any profession or means of livelihood but no one except a Brahmin can be a socially accepted priest.
Some common surnames of Brahmins-Sharma, Bhardwaj, Bhat, Upadhyay, Shukla, Joshi, Bhanot, Tiwari, Pathak, Kaul , Rena, Prasad, Kumble, Devgan, Dwivedi , Rao, Dikshit, Kaushik, Mishra etc
Some famous Brahmin personalities-
- Peshwa Bajirao I – Peshwa of Maratha Empire
- Lakshmibai – Rani of Jhansi
- Anupam Kher-Actor
- Deepika Padukone-Actor
- • Shakuntala Devi-Indian Mathematician
- Rabindranath Tagore- Writer/Poet
- Pranab Mukherjee-Thirteenth President
- Narayan Murthy – Infosys
- Vijay Mallya – King Fisher
- Suder Rajan Pichai-CEO of Google
- Satya Narayan Nadella-CEO of Microsoft
- T.V. Rajsundran – Founder of TVS
*Hope you are like reading about the Top 10 Richest Caste In India, Top 10 Richest Community In India, Wealthiest Community In India, Richest Religion In India. Keeping reading to know about Richest Community Of India, Richest Caste of India
Most of you already know about them, but do you know why they are called Baniya. Baniya is derived from the Sanskrit word Vanij or Vanijya, meaning trader or commerce. This is the reason why Baniya people have an an unwavering grip over Hisaab-Kitab, because they are doing this from centuries. Making money is in their genes and they never miss out on opportunities to make money. They involve themselves 24X7 with business.
Would you believe if i tell you that out of top 10 richest Indians, 8 are Banias that too when they are just 1% of Indian population. According to National Health Survey 44% of the Banias comes under the Rich class. If you look at the names of top management crowd of Indian industries than you will find Patel, Agarwal, Jain, Gupta and Shah the most frequent surnames.
Some Common Baniya Surname-Aggarwal, Mittal, Jindal, Garg, Lodha, Goel, Lala, Gupta, Seth, Sahu , Mahajan, Sahukar, Oswal, Maheshwari , Bansal etc
Some famous Baniya personalities-
- Lakshmi Mittal -Arcelor Mittal
- Ghanshyam Das Birla -Birla Group
- Sunil Bharti Mittal -Airtel
- Ambanis -Reliance Group
- Naresh Goyal -Jet Airways
- Uday Kotak-Kotak Group
- Sachin Bansal-flipkart
- Mukesh Bansal-Myntra
- Nareder Modi-PM of India
- Arvind Kejrival-CM of Delhi
Punjabi khatri belong to Kshatriyas community, so they were associated with warriorhood. and administration. But during the Mughal rule they were pushed toward business so that they can no longer revolt against them. As Punjabi Khatri’s are very hardworking people they excelled in business also and came up as a very good businessman. In 1947, Punjabi Khatri’s were more educated than any other community in India. They know the techniques of good business and they never compromise with hard work. Hard work, perseverance and intelligence made them what they are today. In modern times, the Punjabi Khatri play a significant role in the Indian economy, serving as businessmen, civil and government administrators, landlords and military officials.
Some Common Punjabi Khatri Surname-Malhotra,Mehta, Mehra, Khanna, Chopra, Sodhi,Gujral, Tondon etc
Some famous Punjabi Khatri
- Captain Vikram Batra-PVC
- Kalpna Chawla-Astronaut
- Virat kholi-Captain of Indian Cricket Team
- Abhinav Bindra-Olympic Gold Medalist
- Raj Kapoor-Actor
- Hrithik Roshan-Actor
- Obroies -Obroies hotels
- Pankaj Chaddah-Zomato
- Karan Johar- Movie Producer
- Priyanka Chopra-Actress
- Inder Kumar Gujral -former Prime Minister of India
- Purshotam Dass Tandon-Bharat Ratna
Sindhi community comprises of people who follow Sindhi culture, it is not any caste or any religion. This is a small business and trader community who are originally inhabitants of Sindh region of Pakistan. As mostly Sindhi follow Hinduism, they migrated and settled in India after partition. They were in lot of grief when they came to india after partition by leaving their leaving their people and asset behind. They were in plight for years but they didn’t sit quietly. As business is always their first priority, they started doing small scale business like selling tea, pushing carts etc. They worked hard for years and today, are well known business class personalities. The manner in which they established themselves after partition is worth a compliment. They have an eye for opportunity and they don’t hesitate in taking risk.
Some Common Sindhi Surname-Adwani , Ahuja , Bhatia , Bajaj , Chanchlani , Chatwani , Chawla , Chhabada , Dadlani , Harchandani , Hirani , Jodhwani , Kalwani , Kriplani ,Krishnani , Kukreja , Lalwani , Sachdev Sachdev , Tejwani , Wadhwa , Wadhwani
Some Famous Sindhi Personalities
- Mr. L. K. Advani – Politician
- Hinduja Brothers – Owner of Hinduja Group
- Niranjan Hiranandani – Hiranandani Group Owner
- Pankaj Arjan Advani, world champion in Snooker and Billiards
- Vishal Dadlani – Singer
- Raju Hirani-Director
- Ranveer Singh Bhavnani – Indian Actor
- Patanjali Keswani -Founder of Lemon Tree Hotels
- Chandra Kochhar -MD & CEO, ICICI Bank
- CP Gurnani -CEO, Tech Mahindra
- Ram Jethmalani -Former Law Minister of India
Rajput community is representative of the old warrior or Kshatriya class of India. So traditionally they are rulers and warriors. Honor is always been the building stones of the Rajput community.
They are dominant land-owning caste. Presently most of the Rajputs live in villages and they practice agriculture for their livelihood. Many Rajputs serve in the the Defense services and some pursue their career in Police services. As per the National Health Survey 31% of the Rajput’s are rich, 7.3% are below the poverty line and rest are middle class. This group is socially, economically, and politically affluent and dominates over Indian society and polity.
Some Common Rajput Surname-Suryavanshi, Ranawat, Rathore, Jodha, Gaur, Chouhan, Deora, Solanki, Chandela, Tomar, Gaekwad, Rane, Thakre,Rawat,Raghuvanshi etc
Some famous Rajput personalties-
- Prithviraj Chauhan-Rajput King
- V. P. Singh- former Indian Prime Minister
- Major Shaitan Singh-PVC
- Kangana Ranaut-Indian film actress
- Milkha Singh- Indian athlete
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni- Indian cricketer
- The Great Khali-Former World Heavyweight Champion
- Dhyan Chand-Former Indian field hockey captain
- Bhairon Singh Shekhawat- former Vice President of India
- Sushant Singh Rajput-Indian Actor
Christanity is the richest religion of the world . it account for the overwhelming majority of wealth held worldwide. There are 2.8 Crore followers of Christanity in India, which makes Christanity the third largest religion of India. As per National health survey 29.1% of Christians in India comes in rich class. Christians in India give primary importance to education. So they are well educated and maintain a good standard of life.
Common Christian Surnames in India-D’Cruz, D’Costa , D’Souza , Pathrose , D’Silva, Costa, Fortes, Gonsalves/Goncalves, Jacques, Lawrence,l Martins, Mendes, Pinto, Rodrigues etc
Famous Christian personalties-
- M. G. George Muthoot- Chairman of Muthoot Group
- George Fernandes -Indian trade unionist
- A. J. John-founder leader of Travancore State Congress
- Vinod Kambli- cricketer
- Leander Paes -Indian professional tennis player
- Mary Kom-Olympic bronze medallist
- Tiger Prabhakar-Kannada cinema actor
- S C Jamir- Former Chief Minister of Nagaland
Read Also: Top 5 trees which give more oxygen
*Did you liked this article about the Top 10 Richest Caste In India, Top 10 Richest Community In India, Wealthiest Community In India, Richest Religion In India? Along with that it is also about Richest Community Of India, Richest Caste of India
Read Also:Top 10 Regiments In Indian Army